If a divorcing couple has minor children, child support will be one of the main issues in their divorce.
Here are five things to remember about how child support works.
To find out how much you will pay or receive, someone has to do the following five things:
1. Determine Custody.
- Joint legal and joint physical
- Joint legal, sole physical, visitation
- Sole legal, sole physical, visitation
- “Primary residence” ?
2. Determine a parenting plan
- Holiday schedule
- School breaks (year ‘round?)
3. Calculate time share
- Partial days
- School days
- More time supporting parent has, the lower the payments
4. Determine income
- Employees with regular paychecks – easy
- Self-employed – difficult
- Commissions and bonuses
5. Adjusting the computer’s figure
- Front end – impute income
- Back end – “add-ons”
San Diego Divorce Attorney Stanley D. Prowse welcomes your legal inquiries.
By Lisa R. 28-Feb-16
"I went to see Mr. Prowse about a pending divorce. He was very informative. Since this was a long term divorce, I was nervous and scared at the same time. After I met with him, I felt relieved and relaxed. HIs staff was very empathic and compassionate. I would highly recommend Mr. Prowse to anyone going through the same situation".
If you find this article helpful, Please leave us a Review here.